Choosing the right frame for your artwork is very important and can be a difficult decision. Our attention to aesthetic detail and our close relationships with framers allows us to assist you in finding the appropriate frame for your artwork.
The Silver Heron Gallery can advise you on:
- Which frames will best enhance the beauty and impact of your artwork, while complementing your decor and personal taste.
- The correct glass to use when framing works on paper: the importance of knowing the difference between Plexiglass, UV coated and museum quality glasses, etc.
- The best way to care for your new frame: cleaning products can often remove gold leaf or finishes from frames.
- Matting your artwork to add depth or texture to your piece: the differences between matting techniques such as over matting and float mounting.
- Archival framing: the different types of papers, pastes, and pressure-sensitive tapes that can be used to preserve the integrity of artwork.
- Taking environmental issues into consideration: direct sunlight, humidity, heat, etc.
- The proper backing for your work of art: only archival materials, such as acid-free foam board should be used to back artwork, so that mold and condensation are avoided.
To set up a complimentary framing consultation please contact one of our interior designers at Talley@silverherongallery.com